Rashes behind ears, at the nape of my neck. Causes for rash?

Hello, I have an itchy rash behind my ears, in my hairline at the nape on my neck - and which is now extending under my ears towards the throat area - I am wondering what might be the cause.... Googling suggests similar symptoms to head lice - but I understand they could only be spread by head to head contact - which I haven t had (nor can I see any sign of them) ........ However about a month ago I dug out an old velvet coat from the wardrobe that I hadn t worn for years - could that have contained anything that might be responsible ?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012