Rashes all over the body post intake of Meftal-P, had intense throat pain and fever. Remedy?

Hi Doc ...My son is 7 yr old weighing approx 32kgs nd he was suffering from extreme throat pain while swallowing and fever running upto 102...my pediatrician prescribed Meftal-P syrup 5.6ml every eight hours . But after single dose only he had reddish rashes like prickly heat around his lips, nose and neck area....after eight hrs I gave him a second dose nd now he has rashes all over his body....I have stopped Meftal now...what I want to know is , is that a common side effect of Meftal-P nd what can i do to counter the effect asap....thnx
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012