Rashes. Is it an infection? On wysolene steroid. Will it have side effects?

Hi I got some rashes in my skin like mosquitoes bites a week ago. It started spreading over the hands and legs and I still didn t know it could be some infection. When I consulted a dermatologist after close to one week, he said it s PR or something and it might be because of the after effect of some infection that came in the past one month. But for the past month, I have been only at home literally and never went outside or ate anything abnormal. I didn t have any symptoms of infections except for a mild throat pain for a couple of days. My doctor has suggested me Wysolene steroid for 10 days and having heard a lot of things about steroids, I m scared of using it. Will it have any side effects? My doctor also said after a review in 10 days I might have to continue the steroid. That really scares me. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012