Rash with blisters on leg, spreading. Neighbour having shingles, kids with chickenpox. Suggestions?

I have a rash with blisters on my lower leg that began on the shin and spread to my calf all the way around the leg and has begun to dry up. Im confused because i was exposed to chicken pox growing up all my siblings had the chicken pox but I didn t and as an adult my 5 children had chicken pox and i didn t ,,,At work about 4 or 5 weeks ago one of my residents had a case of shingles on his face, well now I have this shingles like rash. but I thought you couldn t contract shingles from someone with shingles, that you could only get chicken pox?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013