Rash that looks like bunch of bug bites that are red and raised all over the body. Is it hives or something worse?

hi, i have a rash that looks like bug bites, it seems to look like hives to me. It started when i went to my boyfriends one weekend and stayed, i started itching and now i have meduim red bumps/welts covering my arms,legs, stomach and back. It looks like a grouping of bug bites but some of them have form together and now look like a rash. Can you give me and idea or whether it sounds like hives or something worse? the bumps are red and stick out.
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012