Rash patch on lower back, right side, spreading over to legs and knees, soreness. What is this ?

Hi, I live in Hawaii. We just recently took a twelve day trip to Wyo & Montana where it was very cold and dry. On the last day there I woke up with a rash patch on my lower back, right side. I could feel it, but not see it, my husband said the skin was red & puckered. We had a very long trip back returning home after about 24hrs of flying, driving, and waiting in airports. When I got home I noticed that the rash had spread all over my right leg. The worst spot was behind my knee . a cluster of blisters bright red to purplish in color. They have not spread to any other part of my body, although more spots have appeared on my right leg. I am 52 yrs old, female. The leg in question had been bothering me all through the trip, soreness in the knee and hip area. I was rubbing it a lot on the long flight home trying to work out the soreness. I have been home for about 40 hrs now
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013