Rash on the inner thigh, foul smell. Could this be STD or fungal infection?

I have, what I believe to be, a rash on my inner left thigh. The soft area between my left thigh and scrotum is irritated, glossy with sweat (puss?), and smells a very strong foul odor. I have intentionally been thorough when it comes to bathing as I thought it was a simple chaffing of skin or uncleanness. However, after a couple weeks nothing has helped. I want to know whether or not I am dealing with a STI/ STD or a simple fungus/bacteria infection. (Because one of those could be career ending if you know what I mean). All jokes aside, I am very nervous about getting this checked out, fearing the results of the testing... Any initial thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012