Rash on scrotum, spreading, saggy skin, itching, not sexually active, used ointments, no relief. Scabies?

I developed this sudden rash on my scrotum 5 days back. It has got red papules, tiny lil ones. Initially it was only on one side but now it has spread to involve the other side too. The scrotal folds have become prominent and the skin has become saggy.It is intensely itchy and any handling of the skin increases the itch. I am not sexually active and am 24 years old. I tried a bit of betnovate GM but it didnt improve so I m applying itch guard now. But I am worried it might be scabies . Can scabies occur only on the scrotum? I mean I dont know anyone who s got it and nobody in my family has it. I have just used itch guard twice so should I try it for a few days? Or should i try permethrin? (I am a medical student)
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012