Rash on neck, itchy, painful. Lumps on neck, swollen lymph nodes

Hello, I hope you have had a good Christmas. If you can help me with my situation I would be so very grateful to you. Info: I am a healthy 42 year old female with allergies to pine needles, copper and elastoplasts. I don t smoke and only have approx 2/3 glasses wine per week. I have been suffering with a rash on the nape of my neck for approx 8 weeks. Initially it felt as though hundreds of needles were being prodded into me. It is itchy and extremely painful. I also noticed that I had 4 little lumps on my neck, pea size. My GP told me my lymph nodes were probably swollen due to the rash but I have developed more lumps in my neck and they don t show any signs of clearing. I have tried a number of different antihistamine tables and creams, including Eumovate which my GP prescribed, also E45 cream, calamine lotion and aqueous with menthol (2%) cream. None of these have helped at all. The painful rash in flat against my skin with only a slight raise when I scratch . It is not spotty but tends to look like a large red patch of pink skin. It doesn t look particularly angry but the pain it is causing is highly stressful. It keeps me awake at night and irritates me constantly throughout the day. I have tried not to scratch as I am aware that will make it worse. At times I can also feel the rash trying to creep up the sides of my face and ears. It feels raw, as though I have been badly burnt right across the nape of my neck, and I feel desperate for help. My own GP has referred me to a dermatologist but my appointment is not until 21 January and the thought of waiting even a few more days for any kind of relief terrifies me. I have not changed shampoo etc, or used any new deodorants. I haven t changed my washing powder or fabric conditioner. I am at a loss as to what caused it, but my main concern is finding some kind of remedy to ease this raw and itchy burning pain. Any kind of advice you can offer would be much appreciated. I wish you and your family a healthy and prosperous 2013. Kind regards. Karen Murray
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013