Rash on left calf, ulcers, spread to back, left elbow. Caused by streptococcus bacteria?

I have a severe rash on my left calf , with ulcers that pop and excrete a clear liquid. My lower leg, ankle and foot are really swollen and doesn t unswell. It has now spread to an area on my back and my left elbow. No swelling there, however. My doctor said it looks like Ulcerative Impertigo, but my reading leads me to believe this is found mostly in children. My concern is this.....if this is of the streptococcus bacteria, could I have internal problems causing this rash and swelling?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012