Rash in lower back and leg. Itchy, sensitive to heat. Is it stress related?

On and off over the past several years I have developed a rash along the mid and lower area of my spine/back. It consists of tiny, barely visible bumps that are just slightly raised. The rash at the same time appears along the outside of my right Tibia bone (leg)only. On my leg several years ago the rash was very strong and I broke the skin scratching it which caused scarring.They in no way resemble blisters, pustules, shingles or scabies infestation . They are not flaky or scaly or scabbing. It can wake me up during the night; being itchy. It is very sensitive to heat especially the hot water of a shower. I have been to my doctor who prescribes me with a steroidal cream and that is effective in clearing the rash. However I would like to understand why I get this rash. Is it stress related? My diet is good and I get plenty of sleep. I do not drink alcohol. I smoke tobacco and I drink coffee - in moderation.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012