Rash in armpits, knee and legs. Staph positive. Is there a possibility of infecting my family?

Hi, I was recently in Israel for along period of time, when I developed a rash along the sides of my body, especially under my armpits. The rash was cleared up with an ointment prescribed to me by an Israeli doctor, but came back a few weeks later on my knee and the backs of my legs. I visited my dermatologist , who did a culture on one of the bumps, prescribing me an antibiotic in the meantime. The culture just came back positive for staph, which, my doctor says, is treatable with the antibiotic ( doxycycline ) I m on. However, being a hypochondriac, I researched staph a bit and have found myself thoroughly worried. Is there a possibility of infecting my family? Can I contract MRSA from this? Can one cure staph for good? Apologies for the questions, I m just very paranoid and anxious!
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012