Rash, dry open skin on thigh, testicle, injured leg, redness in left testicle. Severe chaffing?

Hello, I recently developed a rash and dry, open skin on my thigh an testicle where they meet. It has gotten worse the more I have gone hiking, and seems to be far worse than chafing, which I have never previously developed. The left testicle (the right is fine) is red and rubbe raw, while the leg is in various states of injury (open in some places, just red in others). What is the most likely cause of this - could it be severe chafing?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012