Rash developing from the BUTRANS 200mg patch. What could be causing this?

Hi,my name is Gina. I came across a blog about a rash from the BUTRANS 20mg patch. Which I have been using also. I have experienced some minor side effects but last week a rash developed where the medicated part of the patch touched my skin. I removed it and placed another patch (in a new area) which in a couple of days time another rash was forming there. I spoke to my pharmacist who thought maybe I should place it on my arm. I am noticing that the area hurts, but I am not sure another rash is developing. So my question is what could be causing this?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013