Rash between scrotum and anus, burns on touching. Had oral sex in the past week. What could it be?

Hello I m a 21 Year Old African American Male And I Have Noticed a Rash Between My Scrotum And My Behind Hole (Sorry.I don t know the correct way to say it) It Burns When Something Touches It Or Rubs Against it. I Either Take Showers Or Wash Up Daily Depending On how much Time I Have I Change Undergarments everyday. My Last Time Having Intercourse Was Last Week Monday I ve Never Had This Type Of thing before And I Received Oral So I Was Just Wondering What Could This Be Something regular or Std . P.s She s Been My Girlfriend For a Year Now So I Don t think She ll Hide anything from me Sega P.S
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Jul 2012
Hi there Sega.

Dont worry about your description. As a lay-person, it is perfectly understandable. The area that you describe in medical terms may be referred to as the 'perineum'.

To put your mind at rest, i personally dont suspect an STD.

It could be & most probably is a 'frictional' related problem caused by the thighs rubbing against each other if perchance you are carrying a little extra weight or it may arise on account of tight undergarments & /or sweating.

Please do apply a cream containing betamethasone & miconazole (candid-B) is a common brand name but any such product would suffice that will also help get rid of any concomittant fungal infection. Do wash all your underwear in hot water & dry well in the sunlight to prevent any infections & weight loss may be in order.

Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD