Rash at the side of the head spreading to elbows, ankles, knee. Due to stress?

Hello, I hope you can help me. I am 34 y/o, 6 2 and weigh approx 13st/180lbs/84kg. I am healthy and active using the gym regularly. I have recently (2 days ago) came out in a very irritable rash across the side of my head. This started out like small but many bites but after a few hours of itching the lumps spread into each other and looked like bubbles with fluid inside that did pop if scratched. After a few hours I noticed a similar group of bites on my elbow upon an area of skin that had healed from a graze approximately 3 months ago. Again, after a scratching the small bumps linked to each other and bubbled. Several hours later I began to find other smaller areas of what first looked like bites, we re very itchy and when scratched, they leaked clear fluid and then bubbled and reddened. I have a third patch on my knee that is a more recent area of scar tissue that was perfectly healed but is affected with the rash. The rash has spread to my hands in small areas and my ankles in larger patches. I have since been reminded that the largest and first patch on my head is in exactly the same pattern as a recent (3 months ago) head injury I sustained when I banged my head and caused some scabbing. I have checked a photo of the original injury to confirm this. It was quite a heavy blow to the head but apart from concussion I sustained no other problems. I have googled my symptoms but at this time of year and with work find little time to venture to my local (and quite honestly, useless) GP surgery. I thought it might be hives but the oddness of the scar tissue being affected has lead me here. Could it be stressed related? I am stressed!!!! Look forward to a swift and conclusive reply. Regards, Greg
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013