Rash and hives on body. Prescribed prednisone and Benadryl. Difficulty swallowing. Temple pain, ear discomfort

I am in the midst of an allergic reaction that has caused a rash and hives all over my body. I went to the doctors yesterday and he gave me prednisone to take and told me to take benadryl . Since then the rash has greatly faded, hives have gone, but now I m having a hard time swallowing . It s not that my through is hurting, but everytime I swallow I get a sharp pain in the temple area. Also last night I had some ear discomfort. Not really a pain, just like an inner itch I couldn t scratch. Very annoying. I took some ibuprofen while I was at work and it got rid of the pain for about 5-6 hours, but then it came back. Any idea on what it could be?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013