Rash and dry red spots on and around penis. Applied Lamasil. Does not itch or burn. What could this be?

I developed a rash in my pubic region at the base of my penis shaft. It popped up over night. Then a day after that I developed a few small red spots on my penis shaft. They are not raised they are not broke open they do not itch or burn at all. I have been using lamasil thinkin it was the start of jock itch but that seems not to help. If i do not use the lamasil for a while it seems to get very dry and flakey on these spots. This doesnt really match the description or pics i have found of herpes. What could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013