Rash after being bitten by tick, no improvement with medicines, persistent redness and firmness. Help?

I was bitten by a large tick early august. I did all the wrong things, tried to burn it, covered it in vasoline, and eventually pulled it out with a tweezers. I sprayed bacitracin in the wound (it came out with a large chunk of skin). It was on me less than 12 hours and was not engorged. Several days later, a red rash developed. I took a 3 week course of doxycyline and applied triamcinolone cream to the area. It did not really change. It is now 4 months later and it has been firm, red, and raised. There was a period in which it flattened, but the redness never went away. Any time I give in and scratch it, it becomes red and raised again. I have not had any other symptoms- headache, fatigue , joint pain. Help!!!
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012