Rapid weight gain in pregnancy. Is it normal ?

i guys, iam mother of one child and iam carrying, now it is 7th month running. I have noticed that i have gained lot of weight, iwas 65 kgs last month and now iam 68kgs, is this possible. I have lot of swelling in the leg. Unable to stand, if i stand for long time ithe swelling will increase. I also notice that if i press on swelling it is forming a pit. Is this normal ima really scarred, why do i have this kind of thing, can any one explain it. I did not had this during my first pregnency. I did all the tests 3 months backa nd was normal
Asked On : Wed, 30 Sep 2009
leg swelling to happen in pregnancy is not normal. this i thought because of water and i decided to reduce the intake of water. the swelling went on increasing and when i went to gyne she told it is not normal. i was loosing proteins in my urine. this was the cause. they told it will also affect my baby, so i decided to be very careful, regular doctor visits i had my urine checked every week and the protein content kept on increasing. my blood pressure was also started increasing. i was tensed and they told it will be a very risky pregnancy. it was scary, i was admitted to hospital in the last month of pregnancy and a was confined to bed. latter it was very a normal delivery they conducted, two years now i am happy with my baby, leg swelling might be a more serious form, so get your proteins tested in the urine and consult a gyne.
i can understand ur anxiety..even i had similar experience when i was pregnant..i met a doctor he checked my BP and said this swelling of leg is theBP is normal .iand asked me to have have regular bp check up....andif my bp is high then it is a danger sign itseems...he told that it may lead to some thing called as pregnancy induced it is better u go see a doctor and get ur bloodpressure checked
  Anonymous's Response

No dear i feel its not good. My sister in law also had similar symptoms in 8th month. And when we went to doc, she said that BP is gone high. So be careful. Get it checked. May be reduce salt in food. Thats what the doctor had adviced when she gave the medicine.

Donot worry i too had similar problem like this my leg used to swell a lot when i was a prego.
Donot worry this is common problem. Even i had the same problem, it settled over time and nothing to worry about it