Rapid heart beats, feeling of passing out, grainy feeling and tingling in throat, discomfort after smoking weed. Cause?

Hey, my name is Desron and i am 20 years old. I been trying to figure something out for a while now. Whenever i smoke weed i get some really strange symptoms. First really bad experience was about 5 years ago. About 5 minutes after smoking weed i was hit by a feeling in my chest which caused my heart to race really fast, i got really scared because my heart never raced like that in my entire life. I seriously thought i was gonna die or something. Second experience was a few months ago, i was chilling at a friend s house, he had a joint rolled up and i decided to take a few hits. Since it has been about 5 years since i last got the weird experience i thought i would be okay. a couple minutes after i noticed my throat was feeling sort of grainy and tingling . This feeling spread to my chest which made my heart beat a bit faster. I asked for some water and tried to calm down. Not long after i started feeling that tingly feeling running all through my veins all over my body it was really uncomfortable since it was a new feeling. My friend kept telling me it s all in my head but up to this day i wonder if there is something wrong with me.... Can anyone help me with this concern?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012