Rape victim, subsequently married twice, unprotected sex, rashes on torso and groin in both partners, PR infection. Is this the same as HIV, HPV?

Hi. I am a 29 year old female without health insurance. I was raped 10 years ago and within the first year following I had 2 gynecologic exams and was checked for all std s twice which all came back negative. A year later I married my boyfriend and we had unprotected sex. He was in the military and deployed 3 months after and while on deployment he broke out in a rash on his torso and groin area. He was tested for std s and all tests came back negative and he was told they did not know what the rash was from and it disappeared on it s own. We have since divorced and 4 years ago I got into another serious relationship. We always used protection during sex until about a year ago. A few months later he also broke out in a rash, the same rash as my ex husband! He went to the doctor and was tested for syphilis and was told his test result was negative. His doctor diagnosed him with pityrasis rosea and said it would go away on its own and is not contagious. After 3 months the rash still was not gone so we started freaking out. We did research online and started fighting about std s and if it could possibly be a symptom of hiv or not. He went and saw another doctor who confirmed that it was PR and that it is not contagious or sexually transmitted. I am really worried because my ex had this exact same rash. Now because of the strain this situation has put on our relationship my boyfriend and I have split. I have never had PR that I remember as an adult. I took an at home hiv test but have yet to call for the results because I am terrified that it might be positive but I am trying to work up the courage to listen to my results. I research online almost everyday to see if there is anything new about PR in regards to being contagious. I have seen some posts about PR being related to hpv . I am planning on making an appointment at a clinic to get a gynecologic exam but again I am terrified by all of this. Can someone please give me input on PR and it s relation to hiv and hpv and if it is possible that I passed PR to both of them some how? Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012