Random onset of rapid heart beats with breathing trouble, chest pain, subsides within minutes. Worrisome?

For a year or two now, every now and again my heart will start beating extremely fast. It happens really randomly, I can t seem to find any correlation between the times in happens. It happened last night for the first time in a while, I had been in bed about 5 minutes when it started. It starts going crazy fast and it is hard to get my breath, it makes my chest really hurt as well, I can still feel it today, then it stops really suddenly and goes back to normal. Is this anything to worry about?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012