Random hart palpitations, echo showed mitral valve prolapse, eccentric mitral regurgitation, atrial enlargement, mildly stiff heart. Serious?

I am 33, female, 134 lbs, run daily. I have experienced very random heart palpitations. I had an echo which shows mitral valve prolapse with redendant chordae and moderate eccentric mitral regurgitation . No pulmonary hypertension . Left and right atrial enlargement. They said my heart was mildly stiff. I am concerned of course but do not know how serious this is. The doctor did not seem too concerned. Can you please explain this?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012