Random faster heartbeats lasting for hours. Have mild asthma and smoking addiction. Treatment?

For the past month, randomly, my heart beats harder than usual and faster. It continues to do so for hours. I was diagnosed with mild asthma when I was 15, I m 20 now, but I also smoke a lot, daily. I m not sure if any of those play into account but, I keep having to take really deep breaths to feel like I m getting enough oxygen and it s extremely worrying when I m just relaxing and I can feel it almost fighting for hours. What could this be and what should I do??
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012