Random bumps on lips filled with pus, diagnosed as impetigo. How to stop recurrence of impetigo ?

Hi, My girlfriend keeps getting these bumps that randomly show up on her lips , they look filled with puss, mainly yellowish looking. Shes 20, its not a cold sore , because I get those and they look much different. A couple summers back, her doctor diagnosed her with impetigo . So whenever she gets the bump we do not kiss at all. I was wondering what is the chance of impetigo coming back every few months, and recently every second week. How can she stop getting them, and are they stress related? as far as I know the only pills she take is for birth control . Thanks, The Worried BF
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012