Raised white scab beneath left toe, slight yellow tinge, no pain, discomfort. Treatment?

Hi! I have a little problem. There is a raised white scab on the bottom of my left big toe . It is where a scab used to be. It isn t hard, but it isn t soft either. It is about 2 mm in diameter. I has a slight yellow tinge in the center of it. There is no pain or discomfort in the area. Might you have any ideas to what this is? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012

Thank you for the query.

Most likely you have a callous. Due to constant compression in one spot, the skin gets harder and harder. This happens to protect tissues under it. Generally this is a mild skin lesion however can cause discomfort or pain.
I suggest you to try some OTC medicine for its removal (some kind of acid should be available in the pharmacy). If it wont help, surgical removal should be considered.

Hope this will help.