Raised, reddish purple bump on mons pubis, no pain or pus, itches regularly, not responding to medicines. What could it be?

Hello, for the past month, I ve had this quarter-sized, slightly raised, reddish purple bump that is very apparent on my mons pubis . It is not painful, but can become itchy from time to time especially from being grazed from underwear or when applying anything to it. There is no head to it, no fluid or pus , the skin looks fine, just raised and discolored. I have no clue what it could be. I ve tried homeopathic remedies to see if may help such as... aspirin paste topically, monistat topically, Epsom salt topically, soaking...and it has not been affected either way....just remains for a whole month so far...WHAT COULD IT BE!?? I don t know if I should make an appt. with my gynecologist or dermatologist? The swelling or it being raised , does not look like it is swelled/raised due to any fluid in it....jus appears raised/inflamed circle of skin. Could somebody please possibly, by description, have an idea of what this might be? I appreciate it much! - S
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012