Raised red bite with surrounding skin hard, on antibiotics, advised epsom salts. Suggestions?

Have had a spider bite? (for 8 days now) Haven t felt sick at all. It is now about the size of a quarter and very red and the surrounding skin is very hard A doctor tried to lance it today but was unsuccessful. Have been on antibiotics for 4 days. She could not go deep in her attempt because the bite is in the middle of my neck (top of spine ) She said to try epsom salts to try to get it to drain on its own. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012