Raised lump on the forehead, increasing in size, itchy, comes and disappears rapidly. Thyroid sign?

41 y/0 female...I have a large lump on my forehead . It starts out as a small pea size bump and gradually gets larger. It is about a 1/4 inch raised off my forehead. It starts out with a little itchiness, but minimal pain. It comes on almost as fast as it goes away, this is the second time it has happened in the last 4-6 month s. I don t know if this is a sign to go get my thyroid checked out or what.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012