Raised bumps on upper arms and legs, slight itching, no oozing or stinging, no relief with allegra. Any ideas?

My Husband has these raised red bumps on his upper arms and legs, they have been randomly appearing over the last couple of days. They range in size from a small dot to a nickle size, and are in clusters of three or more. When they first appear they are just red and itchy, after scratching they scab over quickly with a purplish scab. There is no oozing or puss, no bleeding, just itchy and sting slightly. We have tried lotion thinking it was dry skin , and allegra thinking it might me an alergic reaction, but neither have helped. We looked up pictures of hives and ringworm , but neither look like these. Any ideas or suggestions on what they could be or how to treat them?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013