Raised bumps on thighs, flares up, red, painful. Visible after gaining weight. What is it?

Hi, I m 18 years old and I have had these raised pieces of fless on my inner thighs for at least two years now. I know this will probably be asked so I have been sexually active with one person. He didn t seem to have any of these bumps on him so I don t think it s an std (but I d rather make sure). Sometimes they will flare up and get red and painful, then they gradually go back to just a peice of skin colored flesh. They are very tiny and only occur on the upper inner thighs. I know I should probably be going to the doctor but I am scarce on money right now. Also when they are red and painful they do not usually have any pus in them. I honestly started noticing them when I gained a little bit of weight a while back. Nothing dramatic (about maybe 20 pounds in 2 years). Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013