Raised bumps on skin post shower, on chest and back, slightly itchy

Everytime i take a shower i get red raised bumps on my skin . they are not that itchy. they alost look like small bug bites. i only get them om my chest and back. mainly where the water from the shower hits my skin. i have had my water checked by our water company and they have not found anyhting unusual in it. please help!
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012

The force of the shower is stimulating a small muscle under the skin called erectus pilaris. This is a muscle that erects the hair follicle and make the gland under the skin bulge and thus cause such appearance. THis is a sympathetic mechanism due to the force and the temperature of the water. The point that there is no itching is just normal phenomenon.