Raised, black mark above pubic region. Not sexually active. What could it be?

Hello, I m a 19 year old girl, 150 lbs, pretty much healthy. Not sexually active. I had a raised black mark above my pubic region, no hair around it. It looked like a black head or some sort of mole so I never thought much about it. Sometimes it would bother me and I would try to pull it out but with no luck. It has been there for years. I just now was able to pull it out, and it went a lot deeper than I thought. The point out of my skin was just the very tip of it. I was just wondering...what could it be?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013