Raised area on back, bump near spine, muscle tension. What is wrong?

Raised area at left side of lower back, and seems to be a bump also nearer to spine also (golf ball size or just under). I noticed at approx 24-26 years of age but now 46 and and some discomfort upon overexertion or recently in arched back movement of exercise routine (Feels like muscle tension , dull pain in back. At certain times (e.g. after sitting for period or in morning when wake up etc.) can be restrictive to some movements till loosen up.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013