Raised ESR level. Rashes on body. Swollen glands. What is the cause of problem?

I have cinsistantly raised level of ESR around 44 since past three months or so. The abdomen scan is clear. There is no fever , no cough or any such problem. No problem with digestion or the stools . I have normal appetite . No rashes on the body. The preipheral blood smear does not show any epithelial cell, no malignant cells. There are normal cells in adequate numbers. I had a bout of fever some time back when Taximao antibiotic wa s taken. The blood and urine culture are sterlie. The hamegramme shows a little reduction in Leucocytes and a slight increase in Neutrophils. I feel a little swelling of the gland on the neck on the left side of the neck. When the fever onset was there , there was a swelling of the gland on the groin which has since gone. I am 75 Kgs and am not losing the weight. I had an attack of reactive artheritis about three weeks back. It came suddenly in the right knee joint at night time. Had an x ray done which did show artheritic changes . I am 75 years of age. Perfecdtly fit otherwise. Recently drove in my own car about 700 Kms in 2 days for some work. Plan to go mto kailash mansarovar next year if the knees behave and if the artheritis does not bother me. I am in to serious medit5ation and in to Yoga. Can you please tell me what could be the possible reason for this trouble and how best to handle it or wherther I should ignore it and let the immune system do it s job. What additional tests should be done to locate the cause of the problem? Thanks for the advice
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012