Radiating abdominal pain, blood in stool. Problem?

Hi, I just came upon this site. Wasn't expecting to talk to anyone. But, here it is...
I have had this continuous pain in my colon (lower left abdomen area) for quite
a while. It is getting worse. I also have been having blood in my stool. Sometimes
a lot, but sometimes just light pink, or dark spots in my stool, or sometimes not at all
for a while and then it comes back. When I get this pain, it goes into my lower back and sometimes on the right side of my lower abdomen, but seems like the pain is starting on the left lower side. This has been going on for about five years now. First, I thought I just had hemmoroids, but it is getting worse and now I can't sit or walk or even get out of bed sometimes. Sometimes, I can't even roll over in bed at night without a sever sharp pain in the core of my lower stomach. It comes and goes, so that's why I haven't seen a doctor yet. But, like I said, it is getting worse.
I do have an appointment, finally, at the doctors at the end of the month, but to be
honest, I am a little scared. Should I be?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013