RBC content is 10-12/hpf , Is it a major issue & what would be the cause ?

I am 30 years Old Male Recently I have done a Urine test for pre employment in which the RBC content is 10 12 I am 30 years Old Male Recently I have done a Urine test for pre employment in which the RBC content is 10-12/hpf. Is it a major issue. What would be the cause. I dont find any pain anywhere
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
hello arun,
its a condition called hematuria.the causes may be glomerular damage, tumors which erode the urinary tract anywhere along its length, kidney trauma, urinary stones, renal infarcts, acute tubular necrosis, upper and lower urinary tract infections, nephrotoxins, and physical stress.presence of dysmorphic RBC's in urine suggests a glomerular disease such as a glomerulonephritis.so consult a nephrologist about it and follow his advice.take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Arun, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
The normal RBC count in the urine is 4 or fewer cell per HPF. Do you have Fever, Frequent Urination, Burning sensation while passing urine, abdominal pain or Difficulty passing urine? May be you should get yourself examined by a Urologist to rule out if you have Bladder Infection, Urinary Tract Infection, Renal Calculi or Prostatitis. If possible get a Ultrasound scan and Urine Culture done after consulting your Doctor to rule out the exact cause. Drink Plenty of water.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.