Quitting smoking, got cough with a drop of blood, pain in chest. What can I do ?

Hi ,I am smoking from last 4 years but from one month i quit it but not completely still i took 2,3 cigreets in whole day.i got cough and having bit pain on my chest on the left side from last 1 and half month .but today i got slit very small drop of blood with cough . I am in tension please suggest me what i can do and what needs to do me for better of my health.i am quitting my cigreete too but now got tensed due to this. Thanks..
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi sandeep sharma

smoking is really dangerous, but you have not reached to a level of getting its serious effects.

even violent cough can cause tearing of bronchial mucosa and blood streaks.
kindly get tuberculosis ruled out ( chest xray, sputum for AFB).
If you are elderly one, go for a CT screen of lung, because it may be a sign of malignancy.

best wishes