Quit smoking, exercising regularly. Have flu like symptoms, chest congestion with cough. Coughed up blood. What's wrong ?

Hello. I am a 23 year old male. I quit smoking about a month and a half ago and began exercising regularly since, up until I got sick. About a week ago I started having flu-like symptoms (sinus/chest congestion, headache, minor cold sweats, possibly a slight fever, sore throat , mild joint pain, loss of appetite ) with a very significant cough. Just prior, someone I was on vacation with had the same symptoms, also with emphasis on cough. He is a 63 year old male non-smoker. Yesterday, I woke up with almost no symptoms, but that chest congestion came again with raspy crackly breathing and I began coughing a lot. Today, the same thing happened. Fine in the morning, getting significantly worse as the day goes on, developing a soreness through my windpipe and throat. Tonight, I have noticed that I am coughing up blood which is alarming. I also still have a loss of appetite. I can eat one substantial meal, but any more food in the same day seems overwhelming. I have been taking pseudoephedrine , phenylephrine , acetaminophen, dextromethorphan , guaifenesin, and ibuprofen. The pseudoephedrine helped with sinus congestion, but that is mostly gone now. The dextromethorphan and guaifenesin have done little to affect the cough.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013