Quit smoking cold turkey, bloody taste in mouth, loss of concentration. How long is this expected to last?

Quit a one pack day day habit two weeks ago cold turkey. Been smoking 39 years. Bloody taste in mouth - checks out okay with my dentist and GP. Cause? Prognosis? Common occurrence? Also, experiencing marked loss of concentration since quitting.How long is this expected to last? Web postings of days to months not too informative. Other info: white male; 55yrs old; recent physical and blood work all good; average weight 162lbs.; no chronic health problems; no medications . Please advise. Tks, Tom
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012