Quit smoking, COPD. Had pneumonia, back on antibiotics, Dr suggests chronic COPD. Need another opinion ?

I have COPD and was doing ok .I have quit smoking 4 years. because of no ins I went to a clinic I was getting short winded ,I had pnuemonia,so back on antibotics,then this doctor told me I was now chronic COPD and told me not to get ins bnecause I would be wasting money,that I wont be needing it. I wanted to be checked for an underlined med condition I had home tested 87%pos some years ago. He said no your not alpha 1. your not sick enough! I wantg to know if I should seek another opinion. Iam not on any meds but an inhaller I asked for. Its like hes throughing be under the bus! Im young 62
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013