Quit lifting dumbells after pulling tendon. Lost strength in shoulders. Possible reason?

about a year ago i had to quit lifting dumbells because it felt like i pulled a tendon or something in my left arm and elbow . I thought i would let it heal if thats what i did so i quit lifting them. Since then on and off i have noticed my left arm and shoulder not having a lot of strength. I have also had some pretty bad shoulder and neck pain just once in a while...but it goes away. I was feeling of my left arm the other day and noticed it was much flabbier and thinner than my right arm so i went out and set up an 8.8lb dumbell because i thought i just havent used it. I could not even do one rep with the dumbbell because of weakness in left arm only......what could this be
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013