Quick pulse rate, skipped heart beat. Prescribed atenolol. Diagnosed with sinus tachycardia, PVCs. Treatment for skipped heart beats?

Last Wed, I went to the ER for a fast heartbeat and my heartbeat was pausing about every 3 to six beats. My husband even heard it, be listening to my chest. They performed a blood test , all was normal, including thyroid levels. my pottassium was 3.6,. They admitted me and hooked me to a 24 hr holtor. I only showed tachycardia, and episodes of pvcs. I was given Atenolol , 25 mg once a day for Sinus Tachycardia and PVCs. I am 43 years old, female and need to lose about 20 pounds. I will be seeing a cardiologist next week to seek out a treatment plan and find out why I still am getting these skipped beats. I still am on Atenolol once a dsy 25mg, taken at 9am. My heart skips occur at around 3am or 4am, they wake me up. My question is, what are the other betablockers out there, not sure ths medecine is helping. The pausing or skipped beats last around 3 hours and really are scary.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012