Put up on birth control shot, had light periods to clean up wall. Is it normal procedure?

hi. So I was put on the birth control shot in January and my doctor told me how it works and I will have a funky period or 2 because it has to clean out my wall. Well I have been on a med-light period for almost 2 weeks and my boyfriend is worried. But I think its because I am laying down al the time. It picks up when I get out of bed and start doing things, but as long as I am in bed it almost doesn t flow at all. I don t have Any cramps or pain. Am I right in my thinking?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
The mild bleeding that you had for almost two weeks is a normal finding after a birth control shot. This bleeding the regularizes till the effect of injection is over.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,