Put stitches on the face after a fall. CT scan shows no fracture. Why there was a cracking sound while falling?

Hi, I fell on ice last evening in my driveway and landed on my face which required nine stitches on top and five flesh sutures underneath. The thing is that I heard a cracking sound and thought I had fracture something however the docs said CT scan was clear for now. I ve been told that maybe I heard the ice crack. I was also told that it may have been too early for something to show on CT scan. Please, any info would be most appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013