Puss on leg, spreading to thigh, hand. Severe pain and swelling. Medicine to be taken?

hii my brother has got a puss on his leg n its spreading on his thigh, ankle n now even on his hand ....a doctor had suggested zifi200 n triben its not affecting that much,,,we are thinking its a bal tod n it pains him alot...there is swelling everywhere...what med shuld i give him...i can even show you the picture through mail....
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
If there is pus filled lesions, they have to be drained as it will help to improve healing.
If the lesions are not showing improvement with antibiotic, I advise you to give the pus swab for culture and sensitivity so that the report will identify the causative organism and aid in choosing the appropriate antibioitic.
Consult the physician for reassessment of wounds and for further management.
Hope I have answered your query.