Pus formation in the ear. Had a surgery for lump removal from ear in childhood. Any permanent cure?

I have a question, when i was about 6 years old i had a bump on my ear and it hurt reaaly bad and i would cry, it kept getting bigger so my parents took me to the dr and i ended up having surgery, they poppes it and it leaked lots of fluid out. Now i am 27 and i have always had it and there is a hole im the center where they popped it and it has puss that comes out. Can you please tell me what it is and is there anyway to get rid of it. Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013