Pus formation and pain after getting a mole removed. Due to dettol use?

I had a mole removed and got 2 stiches one day I forgot to clean it so I thought the next night id sleep with a cotton ball tabbed in detoll and slept with it on my back where he incision was made and I woke up during the nighy in pain and discomfort a few times during the night woke up in the morning go to have a shower took the cotton ball off and there was a pretty big brown red circle circling my stitches the middle looked pussy it was so sore one of the sorest things ever, what have I done :, (
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013