Pus filled pimple pimple leaving a scar. Used salicylic acid. How to remove the scar?

I just finished my monthly menstrual cycle, and I had hormonal pimples. One of the pimples was very big and seemed very deep. My brother offered to pop the pimple for me, and pus and lots of blood came out. The next day, the pimple had flattened but it looked dark (like it had blood trapped underneath it). What can I do to make it go away? I've been applying salicyclic acid to it but I'm worried that it may be badly infected. How long until my skin returns to normal?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013